- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 1 – 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- small handful mixed nuts ( you can use walnuts,almonds,..)
- small handful dried or fresh fruit
Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in 3/4 cup oats, reduce heat to medium-low and cook over a gentle boil for 2 – 3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup milk and cook another 30 seconds. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes.
Place oatmeal in your serving bowl, top with cinnamon, cardamom, nuts, seeds and berries. Drizzle maple syrup or honey over top and some of the remaining milk. Give a good stir and enjoy!
It tastes great with a morning cup of coffee, green tea or lemon water.